Well, folks, I’ve been 33 now for two full weeks. And I must say, it really doesn’t feel any different than 32. Or 31 for that matter. Maybe that's because I have been so busy with life I haven't had time to reflect on how old I really am.
However, I decided that since this might be the last cool birthday I have (admit it, turning 33 on 3-3 IS pretty neat) I should make it count. So, thanks to the idea of a “Bucket List” from my friends Mandee and Cecilia, here’s the 33 things I will attempt to accomplish by my next birthday.
33 Bucket List
1. Spend one day with Addi the week she starts kindergarten, getting a mani/pedi, lunch, and having some mommy/daughter time.
2. Meet up with my great friends I made while prego with Sam – Also known as my birth board friends.
3. Run a race with jay.
4. Get a new pet for our family.
5. Go to Disney with the kids.
6. Run a ½ marathon.
7. Go to a parade.
8. Drink a dirty martini.
9. Support a charity.
10. Plant a garden.
11. Go on a weekend trip with just Jay and I.
12. Buy a new swimsuit.
13. Take a personal day and only do things for myself.
14. Cook an entire meal for my family, and serve it all fancy like a restaurant.
15. Detail and wash my car by hand. By MY hand.
17. Do something selfless for someone else.
18. Take my cat to the vet.
19. Have a date with just Sam and I.
20. Play in a sprinkler.
21. Have a cookout.
22. Actually read one of the Charles Dickens books I claimed to read for Oprah.
23. Paint a room in my house.
24. Join a gym.
25. Teach the girls how to swim.
26. Clean out my jewelry box.
27. Go on a spontaneous road trip with the family.
28. Clean out my Facebook friend list and delete the bad apples.
29. Bake an apple pie from scratch.
30. Buy a fancy purse without apology.
31. Go to a movie alone.
32. Clean out all four bedroom closets in my house.
33. Blog as I hit these milestones.