I had a working lunch with a good friend who just gets my life, and after I showed her a few pictures of a new wreath she asked, "How do you fit it all in?"
Outwardly I brushed it off but inside I was thinking:
- I disappoint my kids while reading emails during dinner.
- I miss improvements in Addi's swimming because I have to take a work call during an important meet, or worse I watch but don't even see it because I'm thinking about a project I have to complete.
- I forget things (like tonight, picking up our crop share of veggies) and someone else has to rush and get them.
- I focus on the thorns - not the roses - because stopping to smell would take too long.
- I break promises to be home because work is more important at the time.
- I miss documenting milestones on my blog because I miss the milestones all together.
- I feel guilty when school asks for volunteers and there is no way I can do it because it's during working hours.
- I have insomnia and don't rest well, then am foggy brained the next day.
- I don't remember the last time I hung out with friends and am missing a school mom's night right now to finish a wreath (I'm at the pool, watching Addi, texting about weekend plans and making a bow. Oh, and blogging.
- I can't remember the last time I really, truly belly laughed.
This isn't interesting or even unique to me. But, it sucks.