When you look at a clock and it says 11:11, or 2:22, do you make a wish?
I do. And in what is beginning to feel like a very interesting coincidence, most nights/mornings when I am up in the dark, feeding Sam, I will glance at the clock at one point or another and see the clock reading a repeating number. Today: 4:44 a.m. Yesterday: 5:55 a.m. Now most people (aka my husband) think this is because I look at the clock too much, TRYING to see this happen, but really, I don't. And this repeating thing happens a lot, 4 or 5 times a week.
So, I get a lot of wishes. Now of course I can't say what any of them are for fear they won't come true, but I'm starting to think I need to wish for tangible items, like flatter abs or a million bucks. I'm just saying.
So, since I am STILL awake (Sam is jamming next to me, kicking her legs and blowing bubbles to the ceiling fan (don't tell the blinds), I've been laying here thinking of all the ways that I am obsessed with numbers (mainly the number THREE). So, out of shear boredom (and lack of desire to get out of bed), here are some of those coincidences. I do think I need to investigate this further, perhaps with a good therapist.
(by the way, this is my 112th post... would've been SO interesting if it was the 111th).
- Most of my life when I meet someone new, I remember not their name but how many letters are in it (ie: "Not sure what her name is but it starts with a K and has 5 letters.)
- Jay's dad's birthday is 1-1; Jay's is 2-2; mine is 3-3.
- The day I thought my water broke, I called to tell my mom and she said "You do know that today is 4-4, right?" THAT's when sheer terror set in, not when my doc said "Head to Labor and Delivery".
- Sam weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 19 inches long - all prime numbers. (This may be a bit of a stretch for the numerology thing.)
- My mom is one of 9 kids, my dad one of 3 (all multiples of 3).
- My dad has three kids (and had three wives, hahaha).
- Jay is one of 6 kids, 3 boys, 3 girls.
- His mom was one of 3 girls.
- His mom's sister has 3 daughters, one of which has 3 kids (well, 2 and another on the way). The other two don't have kids yet.
- Each of Jay's three sisters have three kids.
- Of the 12 grandkids on Jay's side, there are 9 girls and 3 boys.
- Of our extended family (cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.) there is only one person with kids who doesn't have three (well, and Jay and I, but I'm starting to think that three is the way to go!)
- Before Jay and I dated, I went to a psychic and she said I would marry someone who had three letters in their name (a fact I forgot until after we got married.)
- I just glanced at the clock to see how much time I had to wrap this up... you guessed it, 5:55.
At any rate, I like numbers. Maybe I should talk to someone about it... Or start playing the lottery.