Anyway, each week Nicole had participated in this thing called Works-For-Me-Wednesday (WFMW), and I've decided that in my pursuit of something mildly interesting to blog about, I should join too. Plus, let's face it - I'm a copycat.
WFMW is a "blog carnival" (that concept is explained here). Basically, the idea is that on Wednesday you post a little tip you've learned on any (G-rated) topic--anything that has "worked for you" in making your life easier. So, here goes my first attempt!
Works For Me: The Five-Ingredients-Or-Less Edition
I gave very serious thought to this, as my first post. I do have to tell the truth... my very favorite thing to make with five ingredients or less is Raisin Bran Crunch cereal... Just add milk! But, I decided to think outside of the Steph box for of the few things I actually can cook.
total prep / cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 package of whole mushrooms (about the size of a golf ball)
- 1 small container of flavored cream cheese (I usually get Chive and Onion)
- 1 bag of grated cheese (I usually pick something with a flavor but mozzarella or whatever works)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pop the stems out of the mushrooms, then wash them really well.
- Fill each mushroom cap to the top with cream cheese.
- Place said filled caps into a baking dish... Pie plates work well for smaller amounts of mushrooms.
- Once all filled caps are in the dish, cover the entire thing with grated cheese. More is better.
- Cook on 350 for 20 to 30 minutes, until the cheese is starting to get nice and brown.
If anyone has any great five ingredients or less recipes you want to share, send them my way! I'm sure my girls would appreciate something other than hot dogs for dinner when Jay is gone.