So, for the past two months (today is Sam's 2 month birthday! UNBELIEVABLE!) I have been a stay at home mom, and it's easy to say that some days are harder than others. The worst is when it's 3 p.m., I have yet to shower or change out of PJs and the house is a wreck... and I feel like I have got NOTHING done for the entire day.
Then this morning I took a brief few minutes to really examine my day... and realized that I have probably accomplished more by 9 a.m. than most people do in an entire day. I'll elaborate.
- I woke up at 4:45 a.m. after SIX glorious hours of sleep... thanks Sam!, then fed the baby.
- Then, we laid in bed while she stared at the glory and wonder of our mini-blinds. For 30 minutes.
- Next, I finally coaxed her back to sleep about 6:15.
- I woke up at 6:45 a.m. to Addi handing me her snack. Which was a box of Argo Corn Starch. I am still thankful she asked for help.
- I went downstairs to get a suitable replacement and returned with a breakfast bar, peanut butter-filled pretzels (the whole container), fruit snacks, and milk.
- Then I went backstairs and got her gum so she would stop screaming.
- Got back to my room and found the ENTIRE. CONTAINER. OF. PRETZELS. all over the bedroom floor.
- Cleaned up pretzels and took another paci away from Addi.
- I was then force-fed the breakfast bar.
- Next, I cleaned up gum off the pillow.
- Then, I swallowed the gum to stop her from digging it back out of the trash. Learned that lesson the hard way.
- We watched the Wiggles. And I fed Sam again.
- By now, it was a blazing 8 a.m., so I made the bold move to shower.
- I got back OUT of the shower dripping wet to investigate the screams coming from my room. TWICE.
- I finished my shower after 5 full minutes. And I brushed my teeth in there too... gotta save time!
- I mopped up the bathroom, which was now covered in water.
- I rescued Sam from Addi's grasp and lectured her again on NOT picking up her sister.
- I got half dressed and realized the rest of my clothes were downstairs, so I ran down and let out the begging dog.
- I ran over and shut the downstairs blinds and wondered if my neighbors saw the first 3 trips I made.
- I came back upstairs and found Floppy, Addi's not floppy dog, utilizing the breast pump.
- I contemplated taking a picture but figured his dignity was already compromised enough without evidence.
- I picked up Sam and went to change her pants.
- When I got back, I found Floppy covered in diaper rash cream.
- Cleaned that up, and then got screamed at until I diapered the poor guy.
- Ran downstairs to grab the computer b/c I forgot to send directions to my friends who are coming for lunch.
- Realized we have no food for lunch. Hmm.
- Wrote this blog...
Man. I really am super mom.
DANG IT. PRETZELS JUST DUMPED ON THE FLOOR AGAIN. Off to Ebay to see what small children are going for.