They say everything comes back around, and I thought that only applied to bell bottoms and bad sitcom remakes. But no, it turns out I am also reliving my college years, one night at a time. Let me explain.
So, last night Jay's sister Jill came to visit with two of her daughters, Megan and Allie. Allie slept in Addi's room and when we went to bed, all was well.
Fast forward to 1:30 a.m. I was up with Samantha for a feeding when I heard Addi start screaming. I went to get her and brought her in our room, then fought on and off with her to go to sleep. During this two-hour window of being awake I contemplated exactly how many similarities there are from my college years at Purdue to my life now.
- We were all wide awake at 2 a.m. with no sign of sleep to come.
- One person was BEGGING for the night to end (me) while everyone else was totally happy with how things were (Sam and Addi).
- One person drank so much they puked (Sam).
- That same person then insisted they were fine to have one more drink.
- One person was whining that they needed another drink (Addi), even though the boss said the bar was closed (me).
- The clothing of choice by all was somewhat questionable, and one person kept trying to take theirs off (Addi).
- There was an unexplained crying fit (Addi) that no one saw coming or understood how to stop.
- One person was complaining that we were being too loud and interrupting their sleep (Jay).
- By the time we all fell asleep, the sun was almost up.